Archive for the 'Buying a Home' category
Red Door Real Estate strives to always provide the most important and beneficial information to our clients regarding any and all real estate market news, reports and important changes. We understand that buying a house or other residential property is often the most crucial and important purchase a person will make. While many Americans feel confident in their understanding of the house buying process and the obligations that come with the real estate territory, there are several points that we in the biz (and pointed out in a recent article) feel are essential for each and every homebuyer to know. We encourage you to check out these facts below and to contact us for any additional questions or for assistance in your home selling or buying process.
- Buying your home actually means that you are making two purchases: The home and the money to pay for the home. Making your loan or mortgage payment every month is a crucial responsibility in the home buying process, so be sure to search around for the best deal and take advantage of low rates.
- Homes, like people, all have problems: While some certainly have much more than others, every real estate property has or will have an issue. This should not be discouraging, but many people realize this after a home inspection report is received. It is important to find a reliable and professional home inspector, as it is better to be aware of any issue now that could potentially become larger in the future if it is overlooked.
- Do not think of your real estate agent as a salesperson, but rather as your partner in the home buying process: As a real estate company, our main objective is to find the best home for you and your family. It is essential in the beginning on the real estate process that an agent and the client come to a clear understanding of each other’s expectations, needs and goals. The better the relationship, the more successful the home buying or selling process will be.
- HGTV does not reflect the real world of real estate: While the reality shows for the buying, design and decorating processes of homes are entertaining, they can also give potential buyers a false hope of how easy it all comes. You can in fact learn a great deal from these shows, but it is also important to remember that this is hours and hours of footage combined into a small segment; these processes take time, and with patience (and responsible spending) you too can have similar results.
- Don’t forget about the resale: While you are obviously more focused on finding the perfect house for sale and buying that property, you should also keep in mind the fact that eventually one day you will want to resell your home. It is for this reason that LOCATION becomes extremely important, as well as the evaluation of how much work and money you are willing to put into the property to make it the most valuable it can be.
When buying a home, having a home inspection is the most important step to ensure you are making a good decision. A licensed home inspector will thoroughly inspect the home for any potential maintenance issues and most importantly hidden defects. It seems like common sense but you would be surprised how many home buyers do not pay attention during the inspection. We suggest walking around with the inspector as he evaluates the property. Ask questions. Take notes. This is your one chance to get to know the ins and outs of your new home.
Read on for more tips from Fox Business - How to get the most value from your home inspection
After weeks of looking at properties for sale you identified one that you would like to buy. In general, buying a home can be an emotional experience; however taking that first step and putting in an offer to purchase can be intense. As you sit down with you real estate agent to fill out the paper work your heart starts racing; your goal of homeownership is now within reach. Once the paper work is signed the waiting game begins… The ball is now in the seller’s court so you await their response and for some the wait can be agonizing. Don’t worry the sellers are not trying to torture you by not getting back to you immediately. So what is going on behind the scenes?